leasing info + faqs
We want to make this process as simple as possible, but we do require rental/mortgage history, credit report and criminal history. Click here to download our full list of rental requirements & guidelines.
Lease terms vary, depending on the time of your move-in date, and according to the specials we offer from time to time. Usually our lease terms range from 2 to 15 months.
Good news for those who have respectable credit we dont charge a deposit with approved credit. A $200 administrative fee is charged per home (price is dependent on size of apartment) as well as a $80 per person application fee for every applicant over 18. Call the leasing office for additional details.
We adore our furry friends, and we welcome your 4-legged family members! We accept dogs (certain breed restrictions apply) and cats only. You are limited to 2 total pets per apartment, and a pet deposit, non-refundable fee, pet rent and certain pet rules apply:
- Pet fees include a $250 refundable deposit and a $400 non-refundable fee.
- Monthly pet rent is $20 per pet.
- We do not have any weight restrictions on pets, but certain breed restrictions do apply
Call the leasing office to receive a full copy of the pet addendum.
The Fitness Center was designed with your fitness goals in mind, and is FREE for all residents. You will have access to treadmills, elliptical and spin bike cardio machines, free weights and machine weight fitness equipment.
The Hudson is proud to be a smoke-free community. This means that all of our common areas indoors and outdoors as well as ALL apartment and townhome interiors and select patios, terraces and yards are non-smoking, creating a healthy and clean community for our current and future residents. We hope this helps you breathe a little easier about your choice to live at The Hudson.
All neighborhoods within Austin Ranch are located in the highly sought after Lewisville Independent School District.
Yes! We would love to have your friends and family join our community. Current residents who refer a friend receive a $250 rent credit after move-in. Ask any of our leasing agents for details on this program.
Austin Ranch is a master-planned community built on 1,900 acres of beautiful land reminiscent of the Texas Hill Country. Currently, we have more than 2,700 apartment homes with The Hudson, The Boat House and Thousand Oaks; corporate campuses on the north side, retail shops in Austin Square and at The Boat House; a dog park and additional restaurants at The Shacks; and single family homes in Austin Waters. We will be building for the next ten years, in the hope of reaching 10,000 apartment homes and additional retail to support our growing community.
After-hours maintenance: 972.833.2377
The following companies provide service to The Hudson:
- Water: Don't worry - we set that up for you!
- Electric: Our preferred electricity provider is Reliant Energy - 1-855-353-7736. Mention PROMO CODE: MF2791 to receive our resident special. reliant.com/myhome
- TV, Phone & Internet: AT&T provides phone, internet & Uverse to The Hudson. Call 877-910-0501 or visit att.com/uverseconnect to get service.
Were a social place. But sometimes that means pulling ourselves out of our technology and creating connections with fellow residents at the pool, the lounge or over drinks under the Joglo. Were also planning plenty of events to give you more opportunities to increase your social circle. And because were not totally off the grid, there are ways to keep up to date on our latest events: Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Instagram and Twitter, or visit our Events Calendar.
We participate in a community-wide recycling program for all residents who want to participate. Our door-to-door valet trash service will pick up your trash and recycling at designated times Sunday Thursday. There are blue recycling bags available at The Hudson leasing center that you can leave out with your other waste. Or you can purchase your own recycling trash bags from the local market Glad, Hefty and Husky each have their own varieties.
Weve built The Hudson with energy conservation in mind. In fact, this community can boast that 98% of all lighting installed will be LED. But here are a few ideas you can implement into your daily living to help save on utility bills and conserve energy:
- We have installed LED lighting in your home. It is unlikely that you will need to replace bulbs, but in the event you have a bulb go out, be sure to replace with LED bulbs. They use 15-20 percent of the electricity and last 25 times longer.
- Be sure to turn off lights if you will not be using them for more than 10 or 15 minutes. Constantly turning on and off lights can reduce bulb life.
- Save considerable energy by turning your Air Conditioning to a warmer temperature in the summer when you are not at home, and turning the heater down in the winter.
- During the summer months, set your thermostat at the highest comfortable setting. We recommend a setting of 78-80. You can save 7 to 10% on your cooling costs for each degree above 78
- During the winter months, set your thermostat at the lowest comfortable setting. We recommend a setting of 68-70. You can save 7 to 10% on your heating costs for each degree below 70
- Use ceiling or portable fans to supplement your air conditioning in occupied rooms. Replace filters monthly and do not block registers and return vents with furniture or drapes
- Use flat bottom pans that match the size of your stove burners. Clean the oven when its still warm from cooking.
- Use a microwave oven when it will work just as well as another method.
- Run appliances like the dishwasher and washer/dryer only when full.
- Turn off appliances and lights when not in use.
- Turn off/unplug all small electrical equipment, such as radios, gaming stations or TVs when not in use.
- Turn off the lights when leaving an empty room.
- Close your blinds during the day.
- Turn down your hot water heater.
Love The Hudson! Beautiful property with good neighbors! The crew in the office is easy to work with and very pleasant and maintenance requests are handled quickly! Lots of green space to enjoy and a beautiful lake on the property! Gym is fully equipped and well maintained. Glad I moved in here!- Ginger G. on Google
I have lived here for over a year and can’t tell you how pleased I am! The staff is incredible and very helpful! They keep the place spotless and have responded to all my maintenance request right away! I would highly recommend!- Sherri K. on Google
Great place to live. Great amenities and the staff has always been professional. Been here for 5 months and every time I see a staff member with a customer whether they are showing the property or what ever, they always say hi and acknowledge me. That means a lot and goes a long way. Excellent staff and amenities, and I recommend it.- Shane K. on Google